Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day

Look at the tree!  It's all lit up (unlike last year).  Don't get too excited.  It didn't last.

Our Christmas Eve family (self) portrait


Christmas #2 for the Little Monkey.  He was excited this year.

Appetizers while waiting for dinner

My guys.

Here's the tree.  Not lit up on top, middle and the left side.  Stupid GE Constant on lights.  

Someone is getting sleepy.

Cookies and milk are out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.

The stockings were hung on the library cabinet this year because I bought new garland for the fire place and the stockings no longer fit.  I'll have to fix that for next year.

Opening presents






Opening the stockings



It really was a wonderful time.  The Little Monkey totally gets what Christmas is.  It's fun to get that kind of excitement again.  The big boys get excited too but it's not quite the same.

The Christmas decorations are all down now and the Little Monkey seems to miss it.  He keeps looking for the Christmas tree and his favorite piano playing snow man.

I'm glad it's over.  This year seemed extra stressful to me.  Maybe because Thanksgiving, Hubs's company Christmas party, and Christmas were smooshed together more than usual due to Thanksgiving being later this year.  I thought I was organized, but toward the end I seemed extra stressed.

Now I'm moving on to the new year and getting this house more organized.

2 comments:

barbarah said...

Much as I love Christmas, I am glad it is over, too. With our oldest son in town we crowded some extra activities in - fun but tiring!

Aimee said...

great pictures! Especially the family photo - I love your dress!