1. Swim team started Monday. They love swim team and it's every day for an hour in the AM. They have meets once a week starting next week through the end of July.
2. Due to swim team, we found out that everyone needs new swim suits (Older Boy can hand his down to the Little Man but then Older Boy will need all new ones).
3. Baseball is in full swing. That means one practice and one game per week per boy. They L.O.V. E. baseball and are in heaven at this point.
4. They've been going to bed too late due to activities. We've also been eating dinner too late because of activities. I try to feed them BEFORE their baseball events but they are also ravenous when they get back and they need to eat again.
5. We found out that the Little Man needs to eat very lightly late at night. How do I know this? He threw up on me this morning (and the carpet, and the entire bathroom that was just cleaned yesterday....) because he was having reflux from dinner last night and this mornings juice . He threw up AFTER he drank red grape juice this morning. It wasn't good.
6. The Hoover SteamVac and Thermax pre-treater works well at getting out red grape juice and vomit from carpeting.
Hoover Steam Vac and white carpet
7. Kitty Litter is good to keep around the house for gasoline spills. Who spilled the gas? One of the kids knocked over the weed eater today while trying to get their bikes out of the garage. They both say they didn't do it, but it had to be one of them. We don't have a cat hence no kitty litter. I'll be getting a small bag to keep handy in case we have future spills.
8. Menu planning is essential during these busy summer days. But only if you are actually home to do the cooking. There was NO WAY to cook what was on the menu for yesterday so today I'm cooking 2 meals. I have white chicken chili in the slow cooker and I'm in the process of making these stuffed cabbage for tomorrows dinner and I'll throw some in the freezer for when the baby comes and I don't have time to cook.
9. Speaking of the baby, I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow.
10. We haven't painted the nursery yet and in fact we haven't completely decided on a color. We want a "cafe au lait" type of neutral but we haven't found the right shade yet.
11. I have the worst reflux ever. It's so bad that I can literally hear it in my throat. But due to articles like this one I'm trying to not take anything for it. I won't take more than 2 Gaviscon tabs a day and I try not to take them every day.
12. Summer brings a TON more laundry. And the floors get really dirty daily from all of the in and out.
13. I feel like I'm just as busy as I am during the school year, but now it's in a laid back, summer time kind of way.
14. I need to get off the computer now and finish my stuffed cabbage.