This Saturday is the Little Man's First Holy Communion. I've been busy getting ready for it. Add in all of the other things we've got going on and I really don't know whether I'm coming or going (or going bonkers...).
1. Saturday was "Jesus Day" for the day school and the PSR. I worked it from 8:30 am - 2 pm. I was in charge of baking the bread (how's that for irony for you). They did a craft where the kids worked with bread, we bake it and send it home for the kids to share with their family and included a special prayer for the family to say together. I opted for the Little Man to sit this one out. When they've done bread crafts before, I sent in safe bread and worked with him to keep him safe. This time, since the reaction a few weeks ago, I said forget about it. I worked the craft though so that I could make sure that everything was cleaned up properly, including the kids and their hands. Let's just say that being 24 weeks pregnant and working this put me in bed by 4 pm that day. Can you say "EXHAUSTION"?? But the Little Man had a fun day and it was safe.
2. We are having 29 friends and family at our house Saturday after the Communion to celebrate. Most people go out to eat or have it catered, but due to allergies it's just not that simple for us. Yesterday I made 100 stuffed shells (I used these gf shells and I filled them with this cheese filling since it didn't call for egg) to put in the freezer for Saturday (and 2 batches of home made pasta sauce because I flaked out and didn't make enough during the 1st batch). I'm also making a tossed salad, cheesy potatoes and cup cakes (I find that gluten free, egg free, nut free cake comes out better for me when I do cupcakes). I also ordered a ham and turkey breast from Honey Baked. They no longer use wheat in their meats and we used one safely for Easter dinner. Our local grocery is also doing a fruit tray for me. I stopped in a few weeks ago to talk to them about their prepared foods and to see what, if anything, they could safely make for me. The fruit tray was a go, but the salad wasn't because they put nuts in most of their salads and they didn't feel the prep area would be safe enough. I was just excited to be able to get the fruit. That's one less thing for me to make.
3. We still have no name for the baby.
4. We finally ordered the nursery furniture the other day. But I still don't know what color to paint the nursery. Older Boy's room is blue. The Little Man's room is green. I want something different for the new baby but I want it to be something that he can keep for years to come. We bought "lifetime" furniture instead of just baby furniture and I'd prefer to not have to paint again in a few years (I loathe painting).
5. Today is "bill paying" day and "try to organize something in the house" day. Tomorrow I'll run errands. Thursday is a mix of inside/errands day and Friday is salad, potato, and cup cake day.
6. I'd say I'm looking forward to some down time next week but Monday I'll be at the school from 11:30-2:30 for the 1st Communion Day Celebration for the Little Man's class. I'm in charge of games. There's 14 high energy boys and 2 girls to keep busy. Wish me luck...
**And Bailey's Leaf, you remember reading about Older Boys 1st Communion which was 2 years ago :)