Monday, June 09, 2008

We just need to get this Disney trip over with

I keep waking up at 3 am and making lists in my head. Like tonight's (this morning's, whatever) was:

These things need to be added to food box before shipping out:
1. More gluten free pretzels (got 'em)
2. Gluten free safe bread (Hello? How did I forget that one?) (got it)
3. 3 cans of Lays Stax potato chips ( I was going to buy 2 family size bags of safe chips to send but then it occurred to me at 3:42 am that it wouldn't be cost effective to ship those) (they were out. How could they be out?)
4. Parchment paper and foil (because you can't buy those in Florida) (got 'em)
5. Boxes of big and little baggies (to carry snacks) (got 'em)
6. An uncontaminated colander and mixing spoon (buy new spoon at Target) (maybe tomorrow)
7. Raisins (got 'em)
8. Dry flour mix to make safe pizza dough
9. Yeast packets for pizza dough

Of course these are important items that should keep a woman up at 3 am. Can you say Type A and overly anal? This is not the first time this has happened. This is just the first time I actually got out of bed to write it all down.

Other things plaguing my mind at 3 am:

1. How to keep houseplants alive?
2. How much to pay neighbor kid to water outside plants and garden while away?
3. Which neighbor kid will actually do it?
4. Do I let fabled neighbor kid use the broken hose that after 5 minutes of use shoots the nozzle off like a rocket possibly causing eye injury or do I break down and buy new hose?
5. Cancel that ongoing grocery list that I keep in my head and keep adding to. I don't need to actually grocery shop for a while (except for the safe food box).
6. Take chicken out of freezer. Probably too late for tonight. Come up with other dinner idea. (Never did this. We are having Brats and hot dogs and I'll have a veggie burger)
7. Have Older Boy write Thank You cards for gifts for teachers because tomorrow is the last day of school. (did it and he messed up the homemade cards I painstakingly made and I have to make them all over again)
8. At conference on Friday, teacher told me not to forget 3 things next week. What the heck was that 3rd thing....?

9 comments:

Christie O. said...

goodness, i'm like you with the mental lists. the scary part is, most of the stuff i am glad i thought of because no one else did! oh well. get some sleep!

annie said...

I did the same thing... lists upon lists! It all worked out well and we all had a blast! I hope it goes that great for you guys too.

Nowheymama said...

I do the same thing. I think having an allergic kiddo makes you worry even more.

Also, I loved your comment on Sue's post about the school picnic.

pinkexplosion said...

I am the exact same way! I keep pen and paper in my nightstand because I used to wake up in a panic make a whole list, go back to sleep and wake up at a normal time only to realize I forgot my list when I slept!

I must have missed the food box post, are you sending it to your hotel?

Norma said...

That's a lot more complicated than my list for Italy. Hope you have a great time.

Christie O. said...

oh yes i forgot, i need your address again! i must have tossed it after the last prize! :)

PEA said...

Don't you just hate that when that happens? lol It's happened to me too as well where I'll wake up during the night and my mind is going a hundred miles an hour!! We always worry about every little detail but then it always works out in the end and we wonder why we stressed out so much about it. lol xoxo

Sue said...

You sound like me. I have a pad and pen in my end table drawer for those types of mind-won't-shut-off types of lists. I use it more often than I'd like to admit. :)

When do you leave for Florida? I didn't know they don't have parchment paper and foil...

Kimberly said...

Can I ask you? How did you first discover your son had food allergies? (This may really help me) My children 18 mos. and 10 keep getting sick. Every 2 weeks (vomiting, diarhea, and some stuffiness) I have tried every "free diet" there is and they keep getting sick. My Dr. suggests it is allergies and also suggests one parent must have this to. We don't, (some foods cause issues in us but nothing major). We are going for testing soon, but in the mean time my children keep losing weight, throwing up and are not real happy for a long period of time. (Don't mean to put a damper on your blog, just trying to get answers anywhere I can find them, for my kids. Thank you!