I keep waking up at 3 am and making lists in my head. Like tonight's (this morning's, whatever) was:
These things need to be added to food box before shipping out:
1. More gluten free pretzels (got 'em)
2. Gluten free safe bread (Hello? How did I forget that one?) (got it)
3. 3 cans of Lays Stax potato chips ( I was going to buy 2 family size bags of safe chips to send but then it occurred to me at 3:42 am that it wouldn't be cost effective to ship those) (they were out. How could they be out?)
4. Parchment paper and foil (because you can't buy those in Florida) (got 'em)
5. Boxes of big and little baggies (to carry snacks) (got 'em)
6. An uncontaminated colander and mixing spoon (buy new spoon at Target) (maybe tomorrow)
7. Raisins (got 'em)
8. Dry flour mix to make safe pizza dough
9. Yeast packets for pizza dough
Of course these are important items that should keep a woman up at 3 am. Can you say Type A and overly anal? This is not the first time this has happened. This is just the first time I actually got out of bed to write it all down.
Other things plaguing my mind at 3 am:
1. How to keep houseplants alive?
2. How much to pay neighbor kid to water outside plants and garden while away?
3. Which neighbor kid will actually do it?
4. Do I let fabled neighbor kid use the broken hose that after 5 minutes of use shoots the nozzle off like a rocket possibly causing eye injury or do I break down and buy new hose?
5. Cancel that ongoing grocery list that I keep in my head and keep adding to. I don't need to actually grocery shop for a while (except for the safe food box).
6. Take chicken out of freezer. Probably too late for tonight. Come up with other dinner idea. (Never did this. We are having Brats and hot dogs and I'll have a veggie burger)
7. Have Older Boy write Thank You cards for gifts for teachers because tomorrow is the last day of school. (did it and he messed up the homemade cards I painstakingly made and I have to make them all over again)
8. At conference on Friday, teacher told me not to forget 3 things next week. What the heck was that 3rd thing....?