Friday, January 25, 2008

Favorite Ingredient Friday (Superbowl Edition)

Photobucket

Candied Garlic Chicken Wings - http://www.allrecipes.com/

Ingredients

1. 1 1/2 cups honey
2. 6 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten free)
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 2 pounds chicken wings

Directions:

1. Heat honey, soy sauce, and garlic in a saucepan until boiling.
2. Place the wings in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, and pour the honey mixture over the chicken. Cover with foil. Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
3. Bake, covered, at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 hour; turn the wings after 1/2 hour. Remove the foil cover, and bake for 15 minutes. Take the wings out of the sauce, and bake on a rack for 10 minutes. Turn the chicken wings, and cook for another 10 minutes.


Karina's Nachos Fabuloso (from the Gluten Free Goddess - http://www.glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/ )

These are a big pan of yummy! When I make them I make 2 pans, one for us with cheese and one for the Little Man without the cheese. The are safe for wheat, rye, barley, egg, milk (leave off the cheese please), peanut and tree nut allergies depending on ingredients you use.

1. 3 heaping cups organic blue corn tortilla chips
2. 3 heaping cups organic yellow corn tortilla chips
3. extra virgin olive oil
4. 4 oz. Cheddar or Jack cheese, shredded (leave this out for dairy free version)
5. a big handful of organic sweet grape tomatoes, halved
6. 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos, or chopped mild green chiles
7. good chili powder or chipotle powder, to taste
8. chopped fresh cilantro, if desired

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large roasting pan with foil or parchment paper.

2. Layer the blue and yellow corn tortilla chips in the bottom of the lined pan; drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.

3. Sprinkle with half of the shredded cheese. Layer the tomatoes, jalapenos, and the remaining shredded cheese. Believe it or not, drizzle a little more olive oil all over the the nachos. Add a dusting of spice, to taste, and chopped cilantro, if desired.

**You can add anything you want to these Nachos and they are delish. I've added black beans, black olives, roasted red peppers etc. Use your imagination and add what you love. Shredded chicken or turkey is wonderful too.

This next recipe is NOT allergy friendly for my sons allergies. I posted it last year and have received more hits on my site meter for this than any other thing I've ever posted. Apparently this is a very popular recipe so I'm sharing it again:

from http://www.franksredhot.com/
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip
INGREDIENTS:
1. 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2. 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
3. 1/2 cup Frank's® REDHOT® Buffalo Wing Sauce or Frank's® REDHOT® Cayenne Pepper Sauce
4. 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
5. 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep dish 9-inch pie plate. Microwave 1 minute to soften. Whisk in salad dressing, Buffalo Wing Sauce and cheese until smooth. Stir in chicken. 2. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Stir well. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers or cut up vegetables.
Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 5 minutes until hot, stirring halfway through cooking.
Tip: For a party buffet table, keep this dip hot in a small crock pot or fondue pot.
Enjoy!!

Visit www.overwhelmedwithjoy.blogspot.com for more Superbowl munchie ideas~

12 comments:

~*~Tamy & the SGT~*~ said...

I CANNOT wait to try this cheesy buffalo dip! Franks is a staple at our house too!

Overwhelmed! said...

All three of these recipes sound fantastic! I think I'll try the nachos recipe first. :)

Thanks, Janeen, for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Super Bowl Sunday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

JB Mall Enterprises said...

mmm, mmm, mmm....can't wait to try the cheesy buffalo dip...thanks for stopping by my site - the bacon dates are sooooo yummy, you'll love them!
Briggie

Lorie said...

Those all sound yummy!

annie said...

These look so great!!!

Eleisia said...

These recipes are making my mouth water! Love Super Bowl recipes!

Eleisia at
http://www.twomomsinablog.com/inthekitchen

Sue said...

Yum! I just saved those. I think the buffalo cheesy dip would be a huge hit. Too bad I can't make it. LOL But I saved it just in case...

Wish I had seen this sooner - I would have loved to try the nachos (w/o the cheese) and the wing recipe for tomorrow's party. Next time. My buffalo wings are made and in the fridge - no going back now. :)

Recipe Row said...

These look pretty spicy. Gonna have to give it a shot.

Kathleen Marie said...

Wow! You have some real winners here and I think I'll just come to your house instead of cook lol! Everything sounds fantastic!

Karina said...

Hey! Thanks for the nachos shout-out. Glad you like 'em. All these recipes sound super yummy. :)

Michelle said...

all of these sound yummy! I'm sure my husband will want to try the nacho one!

Sally Parrott Ashbrook said...

I'm in love with Karina's nachos.