Sunday, August 05, 2007

My Socks Were Knocked Off

So we're on vacation and I don't own a lap top. But that doesn't mean that I could stay away from the Internet (much to my families dismay). Right before we left, I decided I needed to change cell phone plans and that meant that I needed to upgrade my phone. I knew I wanted to be able to check e-mail, but the savvy sales rep at Alltel talked me into something called the Pocket PC. They didn't have any in stock so they gave me the Motorola Q until my new phone came in. So while I was away, I was checking e-mail and reading your blogs (I can't post or comment, but at least I know what you all are doing).
Much to my surprise the other day, I received an e-mail letting me know that I was chosen by Health Central to be a part of the First Annual Allergy and Asthma Top Awards. Me and my little old blog. I was blown away.

HealthCentral Top Site Award

I'm just a mom and not very technical when it comes to allergy and asthma. I just write about our experiences and what works for us and I hope that I can help even one person or at the very least that something I write sparks someone to come up with a plan for their own loved one. I'm not an expert, just a mother who loves her child. And I received an award for that. Now that is amazing!!

2 other wonderful ladies who are my regular reads were also chosen for the award: Gina at Allergy Moms and Allergic Girl at Please Don't Pass The Nuts. If you have allergies or love someone who does, please check these blogs out, because they are wonderful and very informative.
Thank you so much for the honor Health Central. I truly am honored!!

And if that wasn't enough, I won Let's Get Ready For Kindergarten from 5 Minutes For Mom. This is a much needed book. Although he's not saying anything, I think the Older Boy is starting to stress out about it. We've had some behavior changes and he's starting to get very grumpy when we talk about Kindergarten. I think this book will help. So thank you 5 Minutes For Mom!!!

4 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations all around!!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

PEA said...

Congratulations dear Janeen!!! You shouldn't be surprised to win that award...I know you consider yourself "just a mom" but you're a mom who is educating the rest of us on allergies and such. Congrats also on winning that prize:-) Well done!!! xox

Michelle said...

Congrats on the award! you deserve it you know; I've learned so much from you on what it's like to live with someone who has a food allergy, or allergies!

On a side note, thanks for your comment yesterday - I was stunned to hear of the comments you have received due to younger man's food allergies! I never would have thought people would say such cruel things over a food allergy! and I don't mean it as "just a food allergy" as it not being something important, I hope it didn't come out that way - I just can't believe people would make comments like they did over something that is potentially life-threatening. Makes so sense to me!

Org Junkie said...

Wow that is fantastic, congratulations!