Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friday: Amusement Park Day

Here we go! Starting our day riding a train. That was one SMALL train car!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This "hot air balloon" ride went up pretty high and went round and round. Mommy was nauseous even though I took my Bonine.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I rode with the Older Boy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Little Man was crabby from the moment we got there. It was not a good sign.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Tea Cups.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Little Man LOVED the Tea Cups.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Up so high!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To the moon!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Why do people throw pistachio shells on the ground (I've always got food allergies on the brain)?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Submarine ride.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Older Boy and the Monster Trucks.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Little Man and Mommy in the Monster Truck (that was one Small truck).
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

View from the top of the Ferris Wheel. Older Boy wanted to ride. Have I mentioned that I hate heights?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Older Boy and Daddy on the Log Ride.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Little Man crashed out.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was not the end of our day. OH NO! DADDY, promised the boys that he would take them on the water slide. Mommy said No water slide, but DADDY promised. The boys had bathing suits in the car because Mommy always comes prepared for the kids. The parents had no bathing suits because Mommy refuses to walk around an amusement park in a bathing suit and because Daddy was on his own. After they got to the front of the water slide line, Daddy found out that he could only take ONE boy at a time, not two. Well, how do you think that went over? Not well. So guess who had to go down the water slide in her beige skort with no bathing suit (oh and with her Vera Bradley purse and camera, I can only imagine the sight I created)? You guessed it. The kids were happy. Mommy was not happy. THAT was the end of our day at the park. All and all it was a great day. Except for the water slide.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Great pictures! It looks like they had a great time!

annie said...

Oh NO Janeen!!! I think I would have made hubbie make two trips down the slide lol! You were a good sport.
The pics are great and it looks like a day to be remembered for a long time.

Michelle said...

Looks like a fun time at the amusement park! I used to LOVE the tea cups too...key word being USED to - when I was much younger. I can't handle those type of rides anymore (or the heights either). I took Bonine on our cruise and was so thankful for that!

So sorry to hear about the waterslide incident! I wouldn't have been happy either!

You got me wondering since you mentioned the pistachio shells on the ground - do you have to wipe off the whole seat area and handlebars etc where Little Man will be sitting before he can get on a ride in case someone was in there before him who was eating peanuts?

ChupieandJ'smama said...

Michelle, it's something I think about, but I don't think I could wipe down every ride. We do wipe him down a lot. I have a big thing of wipes that I carry around and I constantly wipe his hands. I also make sure that there aren't any obvious signs of food in the ride. It's scary though when you see things like the shells laying around and it makes you think. My allergist said if he touched the allergen or if someone touches him he'll get hives but not anaphylaxis. But still. I'll have a post about this same thing from our vacation this coming week too.

Christie O. said...

awww what a cutie, little boy crashed. but man, sorry bout your trip down the slide! you're a better woman than me!!!!

andria said...

What a trooper you were going down that slide. I would not have done it and went down with a screaming child.

Loved the pictures.

Norma said...

Wonderful photos, and a great story about the water slide. I could just picture it.

Today I'm doing Monday Memories on high school. I won't tag you, but. . .

I never toss peanut shells, but also never thought about allergies. You are SO educational.

Sue said...

Lookes like the kids had a great time - I'm including your hubby in that. :) Sorry about the water slide - I don't like walking around wet - I would not have thrilled either.

I'm also deathly afraid of heights. Horrible!

Oh, I feel for you with the pistachio shells. I don't understand the whole throwing food on the ground period thing. My sis did that when I was with her one day. Maddy dropped food. Maddy went to pick it up and my sister told her to just leave it. I picked it up and told my sister to think of little Kayla's picking up food off the ground. She understood after that. Hopefully I changed one mind. :)

I'm with you - it's impossible to wipe down every ride (not even enough time - we'd get kicked off the ride - LOL), but it is always at the forefront of my mind. And with her being contact-reactive, we watch oh so closely.