Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 14



Thirteen Things I Need To Do Before My Older Sons Birthday Party Next Weekend



1. Find out if the boy with the peanut allergy can eat the store bought cake.
2. Find out if the boy with the red dye allergy can eat the store bought cake.
3. Finish buying the little trinkets for the gift bags.
4. Put the gift bags together.
5. Order the balloons.
6. Make sure I have an allergy safe cupcake in the freezer for the younger son.
7. Track down the birthday present I ordered on line and make sure it will be here on time.
8. Come up with more games to occupy 8 4-5 year old boys.
9. Buy prizes for the winners of the games (and everyones a winner).
10.Go to the library and see if they have cool CD's that 4-5 year old boys would like.
11. Figure out snacks to serve (that don't involve peanuts, eggs, milk, wheat, or red dye).
12. Buy soft drinks (little bottles of water and apple juice, I think).
13. Order the pizza for Saturday's kids party and enough for Sunday's grandparents party which is also Superbowl Sunday.

This is a Power Rangers party and the decorations have already been purchased so we are set there.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


30 comments:

lrlwreath said...

My son will be right over, even though he is 8 years old, he has always loved Power Rangers =)) Sounds like it is going to be a great time, and you are taking care of ALL the details.

Blessings.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, I'm not a Power Ranger fan, sad to say. But have a great party!! (I do NOT envy you with all those food allergies. My son has a friend with a million of them; almost every starch known to man. And the friend comes over once a week to play. Wow, that's tough. I can't imagine doing it daily.)

Happy TT!!

Raggedy said...

What did you get yourself into?
Just kidding.
It sounds like fun.
Happy Birthday to your oldest son!
I am sure they will all have a blast.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Deanna said...

Little boy's parties are so much fun!!!
My kids always liked the relay race that involves sitting on balloons to pop them before they can tag the next person on their team - burns alot of energy!!

My TT is about my youngest daughter in honor of her birthday - come on over if you get a chance!
:)

Mike said...

Looks like you'll have a great party. Power Rangers. Loved them as a kid. Still love them now.

My 3-year old is a Batman guy, though.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Chris said...

Kids parties are too much like hard work aren't they?

Mine have just turned 5 and it's all beginning ;-)

Gattina said...

Indeed, very clever of you to make a list here so that we are all witnesses and you don't have to make another one, just print your page ! I think it's a good idea to put our to do lists on the blog, lol !

Shoshana said...

My kids are into Powere Ranger. I am attempting to get the names down, along with Pokemon.

I have a very allergic child too, and so far we've been keeping it in check. He's only allergic to wheat, soy, eggs, oats, grean peas and similar grains. Not fun for him to go out.

Here's my T13.

Babystepper said...

You've got your work cut out for you. Good luck!

Jane said...

Good luck with your party. It sounds like you are really on top of things!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Little Man! My sons first birthday is coming up and I need to get started! Have a great day!

Rose said...

It sounds like a fun time. I remember when my son was that age.

Barbara said...

Sounds like your son is going to have a great birthday party. Hope you are able to find all the goodies that everyone can eat.

Check out my Thursday Thirteen

Skittles said...

Hope he has a great birthday! Thanks for dropping by :)

something blue said...

I'm sure everyone will have so much fun. Have a great party!

With 8 boys, be sure to stock up on Advil!

Kristen said...

Wow. The food sounds like a challenge. LOL! I hope you get it all figured out before the b-day party.

Thanks for reading "My Story" on my blog. :-) I'm sorry I haven't stopped by earlier to say, "Hi".

Incog & Nito said...

Oh my you have a busy time ahead. I'm sure it will be worth it!! Happy T13

scribbit said...

Power Rangers? Oh the movie is coming and there are a lot of excited people I've heard.

PEA said...

Sounds like it's going to be a fun party:-) I use to make my boys birthday parties all the time when they were little and I so enjoyed it!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Our DIL has a red dye allergy. Its amazing how much food has red dye in it and you dont notice it til someone has the allergy. Hope his bday is great.

Michelle said...

You sure do have a lot of planning going on! Hope the birthday party is a blast!

Proverbs31 said...

Ahhh, the magic of birthday parties. :) I have yet to get to the BOY parties, only the first one and that was just family. I'm used to a dozen squealing girls. It will be fun to see how boy parties are different!

Have fun!!

Teena said...

Sounds like a lot to remember ... it's a good thing you wrote them down.

Mine's up too :)

~liz said...

hi!

a great little boy cd is one that we got out of the library called "For the Kids" and has various artists like Sarah McLachlan and Bare Naked Ladies doing songs like "The Rainbow Connection" and "La La La La Lemon." Even though my boys are 2 and 3, this collection is definitely good for older kids too. have a great time! :)

Rashenbo said...

sounds like a blast! My kids loved those kid-bop discs... and they still do :) I remember when my brother was little he was allergic to red food coloring. It would make him go bonkers. He couldn't even have red popsicles. But then again, he had lots of allergies. Luckily, he outgrew most of them. I am sure all those little ones will have TONS of fun. Even if they just get to run around in circles laughing and cackling.

sobeit said...

Sounds great!!! Don't you love how it takes so much time to get it all together and then it's over in no time! lol I'm sure it will be wonderful! Happy TT!

Christie said...

sounds like a fun party!! i have to come up with a theme for my son's 1st birthday, not that he'll remember it! have fun!!

JohnH985 said...

Sounds like it's going to be a neat party.

My 13 are up.

Sparky Duck said...

way too many allergies to deal with now adays. Though the pizza part is brillant.

Janet said...

You're got alot going on, good luck!